Church
School
Edline
Notre Dame
Fanfare

 

 

 

          
 

                   

                                                  
   

 

  

 

Welcome to our home on the Internet. Our Lady of Perpetual Help is a Catholic school serving Kindergarten through eighth grade. We are committed to provide an education that fosters the realization that each personís relationship with God, self, and others is a lifelong process. Recognizing the uniqueness and potential of our students, we aspire to academic excellence through a curriculum which promotes spiritual, intellectual, social and physical growth. We dedicate ourselves to prepare the students to live in an ever-changing society. We strive to motivate the students to employ Christian principles in using their talents to serve the needs of others. We encourage a free exchange of ideas and opinions among students, parents, and teachers. We seek to instill a sense of continuity with the past and commitment to the future.

    Our Lady of Perpetual Help School is located on South Moore Road off Interstate 24 in Chattanooga, Tennessee. The school office is open between 8:00 A.M. and 3:00 P.M. Our telephone number is (423) 622-1481, and our FAX number is (423)622-2016.

The History of OLPH ....
    Our Education Ministry began in September 1937 in the original Anderson farmhouse. An increase of enrollment led to the building of the first brick school building and the convent in 1948. The building and grounds have been renovated and added to over the years. A football field and stadium escalated the sports program, which began when Stagmaier Gym was built in 1953. In 1956 the covered walkway from the church to the school was added. The school also added four classrooms and the cafeteria size was doubled. In 1987, a third school building was built. This building consists of four classrooms, a school library, and a computer lab.
    Our Lady of Perpetual Help School is approved by the Tennessee Department of Education, certified by Diocese of Knoxville, and accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools and has grown from 60 students in 1937 to 400 in 2003. The Sisters of Charity of the Blessed Virgin Mary began the tradition of educational excellence in 1937 which is continued by lay faculty and staff today.

 

        

 

 

The mission of Our Lady of Perpetual Help School and faith community is to provide a Catholic education that fosters a relationship with God and enables students to become confident, lifelong learners.   

                                           

Admissions Calendar Fundraising Edline
2004-2005 Uniform Information A/R List

UPDATED 8-2004

Photo Gallery Fanfare
2004-2005 Supply Lists OLPH Football School Committee Parent Institute Sept. Newsletter

May Home & School Meeting Notes

Home & School

E-Mail Us

 

Chattanooga, Tennessee

                               A Catholic Education is an Advantage for Life!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

If you have any questions or comments about the school website,

e-mail me at thale@catholicweb.com.